- Read MCLP’s Success Stories
- Read the Project Results
- Go to Coaching Tools
- Go to Tools for Principals and Literacy Teams
- Go to Tools to Use Data
- Coaching Question Prompts (pdf) — Includes identifying goals during instruction and providing support.
- Effective Intervention (ppt)
- Planning Template for Literacy Coaches with Gradual Release (word) (pdf) — A list of specific gradual release strategies with space for planning.
- Protocol for Listening and Mirroring Back (pdf) — A protocol to practice.
Principal and Literacy Team Tools
- Creating and Sustaining a Strong Culture of Literacy at Your School (word) (pdf) – Evaluate where your school stands with the Four E’s (Environment, engagement, expectations, and encouragement).
- Engaging Parents (pdf) – Helpful resources and links
- Getting Buy-In (pdf) — Strategies to address your situation.
- Leadership for Sustainability (word) (pdf) – A one-page discussion guide to explore three literacy leadership models.
- Principal Support for Coaching – Link to an article by Cathleen Cronin Kral
- Examining Student Work Protocol (pdf) and Examining Student Work Discussion Template (pdf).
- The Why? Why? Why? Protocol (word) (pdf)
- Making Use of Data (pdf) — A process literacy teams can use to report data to teachers.
MCLP Success Stories
MCLP Success Stories (pdf) — includes case studies of four schools:
- Stratton School (p. 17)
- Miller Elementary School (page 22)
- Caribou High School (p. 30)
- Hancock County Technical Center (p. 38)
MCLP’s Impact on Participating Schools:
- Reading, writing and vocabulary instruction in the majority of areas are clearly observable, and has increased over time.
- Assessment data is routinely collected, examined and used to both measure progress and focus instruction.
- Staff routinely engages in academic talk about instruction and literacy.
- Instructional resources are adequate, readily available, and easily accessible to staff.
- Instructional agreements are in place and in use.
- There is increased awareness of and emphasis on the Common Core Anchor Standards.
- There is an increase in the amount and quality of student work.
- Go to Literacy and Learning Strategies to explore lessons and units using literacy and learning strategies.
- Go to Leadership and Coaching to explore tools to implement content literacy.
- Go to Lessons and Units to explore Common Core Aligned lessons and units, download lesson and unit planners, and see guides to support literacy-rich practices.
- Go to Professional Learning Models to see professional learning designs using content literacy resources and tools.