MCLA’s Four Components of Proficiency-based Education
A Framework for Effective Teaching and Learning
- Learner-centered culture.
- Clear learning targets at an appropriate level of rigor.
- Instruction intentionally designed so learners can meet the targets.
- Evidence of learning evaluated using clear criteria.
College and Career Readiness
- College and Career Readiness: The Importance of Early Learning. [Mar. 2013]
- Components of a college and career ready learning system –
- Costa & Kallick’s 16 Habits of Mind (2008) –
- Four keys to College and Career Readiness
- Framework for Success in Postsecondary Writing –
- Metacognitive Learning Skills
- New England colleges and universities endorsing proficiency-based education
- Partnership for 21st Century Skills P21 Framework Definitions (the knowledge and skills) –
- Rethinking College Readiness (What students need to know and be able to do from a higher education perspective) –
Resources — ELA, math, assessment, change, communication tools, professional learning, other perspectives, links to national publications