Our overarching goal is to develop instructional coaching as one of an integrated set of strategies schools and districts employ to support effective teaching, improve student achievement, and develop a “can do” culture in which adults work together to improve student learning.
- Address the characteristics of effective coaching programs, including training, networking, and continued learning and development for both coaches and school and district administrators.
- Build on existing strengths and fill identified gaps in services and support for instructional coaching.
- Cultivate a continuous learning and improvement mindset in districts/organizations.
Districts pay an annual fee and identify staff they want to receive information, participate in activities, and be included in the Co-Op’s networks. Participation in any Co-Op activities is voluntary. Districts are free to train and support coaches in any way that makes sense to them. Each district is represented on the Co-Op Council, which:
- Develops short, medium, and long-term implementation benchmarks and the action research/data collection necessary to evaluate progress and determine next steps for the Co-Op.
- Identifies resources needed and collaborates to find or provide them.
- Encourages and supports clusters of districts with similar needs and interests to work together and to share results and impacts with the whole Co-Op and with the state.
Auburn, Hermon, Maine Indian Education (Indian Island, Perry, Calais), MSAD 53 (Burnham, Detroit, Pittsfield), Mt. Desert (Cranberry Island, Frenchboro, Swan’s Island, Bar Harbor, Southwest Harbor, Northeast Harbor, Trenton, Bass Harbor), RSU 2 (Dresden, Farmingdale, Hallowell, Monmouth, Richmond), RSU 4 Litchfield, Sabattus, Wales), RSU 12 (Alna, Chelsea, Palermo, Somerville, Westport Island, Whitefield, Windsor), RSU 24 (Hancock Eastbrook, Steuben, Sullivan, Prospect Harbor), RSU 57(Alfred, Newfield, Lyman, Waterboro, Shapleigh, Limerick), RSU 79/SAD 1 (Presque Isle, Mapleton, Chapman, Castle Hill, Westfield), Saco, SAD 17 (S. Paris, W. Paris, Norway, Harrison, Waterford, Hebron, Otisfield, Oxford, Waterford), SAD 46 (Dexter, Exeter, Garland, Ripley), Scarborough, South Portland
Five-Year Indicators of Effectiveness
Review the District Memorandum of Understanding (pdf)