Maine’s 2017 Curriculum Leader of the Year
Becky Brown, Director of Curriculum, Assessment & Instruction, South Portland
The Curriculum Leader of the Year:
- Has successfully served as a curriculum leader (designated curriculum director, assistant superintendent, or teacher leader) in public education for at least five years.
- Is a member of MCLA at the time of nomination.
- Is a proven champion of curriculum, instruction, and assessment policies and practices that enhance learning both within and outside the district, who also:
- Promotes and provides opportunities to learn and to share learning.
- Develops partnerships and networks with other districts and organizations to support learning.
The Curriculum Leader of the Year is selected by previous awardees and by MCLA’s board of directors.
- Peter Lancia, Westbrook (2016)
- Deb McIntyre, RSU 3 (2015)
- Shelly Mogul, Auburn (2014)
- Mary Giard, RSU 22 (2013)
- Jan Goldsberry, Sanford (2012)
- Diana Doiron, Maine Department of Education (2011)
- Dr. Judith Pusey, Old Town (2010)
- Dr. Carol Marcotte, RSU 23 (2009)
- Joanne Harriman, Mt. Desert (2008)
- Karoldene Barnes, RSU 64 (2007)