Nominations for the 2017 Maine Curriculum Leader of the Year close on April 14, 2017. The Curriculum Leader of the Year:
- Has successfully served as a curriculum leader (designated curriculum director, assistant superintendent, or teacher leader) in public education for at least five years.
- Is an MCLA member at the time of nomination.
- Is a proven champion of curriculum, instruction, and assessment policies and practices that enhance learning both within and outside the district, who also:
- Promotes and provides opportunities to learn and to share learning.
- Develops partnerships and networks with other districts and organizations to support learning.