The Maine Curriculum Leaders’ Association’s mission is to support curriculum leaders and to champion curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices and policies that enhance learning. MCLA’s long-term goals:
Goal 1. MCLA’s organizational functions and structures support its mission.
Goal 2. MCLA supports effective implementation of standards and proficiency-based curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
Contact: Heidi McGinley, Executive Director email@example.com
Nominations for the 2017 Maine Curriculum Leader of the Year close on April 14, 2017. The Curriculum Leader of the Year:
- Has successfully served as a curriculum leader (designated curriculum director, assistant superintendent, or teacher leader) in public education for at least five years.
- Is an MCLA member at the time of nomination.
- Is a proven champion of curriculum, instruction, and assessment policies and practices that enhance learning both within and outside the district, who also:
- Promotes and provides opportunities to learn and to share learning.
- Develops partnerships and networks with other districts and organizations to support learning.
Download more information about the nomination and selection process.