Our mission is to support curriculum leaders and to champion curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices and policies that enhance learning. The Maine Curriculum Leaders’ Association’s (MCLA) Board of Directors and its members work together by:
- Promoting and providing professional learning.
- Influencing policy and decision making.
- Advancing the use of effective practices.
- Developing and fostering partnerships with organizations consistent with our mission.
- Supporting opportunities for networking and sharing.
MCLA 2016 Maine Curriculum Leader of the Year
Nominations are open until April 15, 2016!
The Maine Curriculum Leaders’ Association invites nominations for the 2016 Maine Curriculum Leader of the Year through April 15, 2016. Curriculum Leaders of the Year receive free MCLA membership and conference attendance, serve on MCLA’s board of directors for the year, and are recognized by Educate Maine at their annual luncheon.
The Curriculum Leader of the Year:
- Has successfully served as a curriculum leader (designated curriculum director, assistant superintendent, or teacher leader) in public education for at least five years.
- Is a member of MCLA at the time of nomination.
- Is a proven champion of curriculum, instruction, and assessment policies and practices that enhance learning both within and outside the district.
What we do and don’t do
MCLA’s mission is to support curriculum leaders and to champion policies and practices that enhance learning. Last year MCLA’s board decided to take an active role in state education policy making by providing information to both the Department of Education and the legislature’s Education and Cultural Affairs Committee. We will continue using the same approach in the upcoming legislative session.Continue Reading MCLA + State Policy