Our mission is to support curriculum leaders and to champion curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices and policies that enhance learning. The Maine Curriculum Leaders’ Association’s (MCLA) Board of Directors and its members work together by:
- Promoting and providing professional learning.
- Influencing policy and decision making.
- Advancing the use of effective practices.
- Developing and fostering partnerships with organizations consistent with our mission.
- Supporting opportunities for networking and sharing.
A majority of those responding to MCLA’s NGSS adoption poll are already using NGSS and 60% have chosen some of the NGSS as graduation standards. All but two of the respondents supported NGSS adoption, most because you think NGSS are “well-constructed and emphasize common practices and complex thinking skills that cross content areas and disciplines”. MCLA summarized the poll data in its testimony when the adoption bill was heard by the Education and Cultural Affairs Committee on March 16. Download the poll results.