Our mission is to support curriculum leaders and to champion curriculum, instruction, and assessment practices and policies that enhance learning. The Maine Curriculum Leaders’ Association’s (MCLA) Board of Directors and its members work together by:
- Promoting and providing professional learning.
- Influencing policy and decision making.
- Advancing the use of effective practices.
- Developing and fostering partnerships with organizations consistent with our mission.
- Supporting opportunities for networking and sharing.
Deb McIntyre, Assistant Superintendent in RSU 3, is Maine’s 2015 Curriculum Leader of the Year.
Surprised to be nominated and even more surprised to be selected, Deb said “all my colleagues deserve this award. No one can be successful in this job without people who support the work. We have some great teachers who make this work possible.”
Continue Reading Deb McIntyre Named Curriculum Leader of the Year
The Maine Curriculum Leaders’ Association provides information to our members in annual reports. Here are some highlights from Fiscal Year 2015, which ended June 30, 2015:
- Our members range from Fort Kent to Kittery and Rangeley to Baileyville, impacting 73% of Maine’s K-12 students.
- 458 educators from 68 school districts attended one or more of MCLA’s learning opportunities.
- MCLA tracked, and updated members on, approximately 25 bills heard by the legislature’s Joint Standing Committee on Education and Cultural Services.
Download our FY ’15 Annual Report.